Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it under consideration for publication in any other journal (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- All the listed authors have agreed on the content and the corresponding (submitting) author is responsible for having ensured that this agreement has been reached.
- The submission files are in the correct format: manuscript is created in MS Word but will be submitted in PDF (for reviewers) as well as in original MS Word format (as a supplementary file for technical editing); diagrams and graphs are created in Excel and saved in one of the file formats: TIFF, EPS or JPG; illustrations are also saved in one of these formats. The preferred position of graphic files in a document is to embed them close to the place where they are mentioned in the text (See Author guidelines for details).
- The manuscript has been examined for spelling and grammar (spell checked).
- The title (maximum 150 characters) briefly explains the contents of the manuscript.
- Full names (first and last) of all authors together with the affiliation address are provided. Name of author(s) denoted as the corresponding author(s), together with their e-mail address, full postal address and telephone/fax numbers are given.
- The abstract states the objective and conclusions of the research concisely in no more than 1000 characters.
- Keywords (minimum three, maximum six) are provided.
- Statement of novelty (maximum 100 words) clearly explaining new findings reported in the manuscript should be prepared as a separate Word file.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author guidelines.
- Text in normal style is set to single column, 1.5 line spacing, and 12 pt. Times New Roman font is recommended. All tables, figures and illustrations have appropriate captions and are placed within the text at the appropriate points.
- Mathematical and chemical equations are provided in separate lines and numbered (Arabic numbers) consecutively in parenthesis at the end of the line. All equation numbers are (if necessary) appropriately included in the text. Corresponding numbers are checked.
- Tables, Figures, illustrations, are prepared in correct format and resolution (see Author guidelines).
- The lettering used in the figures and graphs do not vary greatly in size. The recommended lettering size is 8 point Arial.
- Separate files for each figure and illustration are prepared. The names (numbers) of the separate files are the same as they appear in the text. All the figure files are packed for uploading in a single ZIP file.
- Authors have read special notes and have accordingly prepared their manuscript (if necessary).
- References in the text and in the References are correctly cited. (see Author guidelines). All references mentioned in the Reference list are cited in the text, and vice versa.
- Permission has been obtained for use of copyrighted material from other sources (including the Web).
- The names, full affiliation (department, institution, city and country), e-mail addresses and references of five potential referees from institutions other than (and countries other than) those of any of the authors are prepared in the word file. At least two relevant references (important recent papers with high impact factor, head positions of departments, labs, research groups, etc.) for each suggested reviewer must be provided. Authors declare no conflict of interest with suggested reviewers. Authors declare that suggested reviewers are experts in the field of submitted manuscript.
- Full-colour illustration or graph from the manuscript is proposed for graphical abstract.
- Appendices (if appropriate) as supplementary material are prepared and will be submitted at the same time as the manuscript.
Except where otherwise noted, articles in this journal are published under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License